Owning Retirement Homes. Formerly Sue Ryder Homes
A sea of yellow rapeseed. Rich growth of April May
Pray for Recently Deceased: Christine Dwan
Anniversaries at this time: Val Culleton
Templeorum Church: Sun, 2 April at 9am - Tony Kirwan; Sun, 9 April at 9am - Mick Kinsella
Owning Church: Sun, 2 April at 10am - Emily O’Gorman; Sun, 9 April at 10am - Paddy & Kitty Kearney and Jack Meehan
Weekday Masses in Piltown Church:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday - 10a.m.
Weekend Masses in the Parish:
Piltown - Saturday, 6:30pm & Sunday, 11am
Owning - Sunday, 10am
Templeorum - Sunday, 9am
First Communion Dates:
· Piltown Saturday 6th May
· Owning 13th May
· Templeorum 20th May
Lenten Stations are now due, your support would be very much appreciated.
A Time with Jesus…...continues this Monday Evening at 7:30pm in Piltown Community Centre. The evening includes prayer, a short film and Chaplet to the Divine Mercy.
Update from Piltown /Fiddown Bypass Action Group
On April 1st we shall host a music evening in the Carraig Hotel to help our efforts to get a safer N24 bypass, all are welcome to a night of fun and dancing. All monies raised will go towards the efforts to improve safety and toward a permanent memorial. Tickets are available from any of the committee.
On your behalf in the past 3 months we have done the following:
1. We had a very well supported public meeting to listen to the community and agreed 3 motions to seek independent review and Flyovers for improved safety in mid-December.
2. We had 5 of our local T.D's meet minister Shane Ross on this issue and gained a public commitment from him to visit.
3. We erected signs and 10 crosses to gain awareness support from all passing motorists. The Council erected VMS safety signs and improved reflectors.
4. We collected close to 3,000 signatures from our community declaring we fear for our lives on this Road.
5. Met with our local council and road engineers to tell them of the community anger & fears.
6. We heard of their proposal for an integrated flyover at the tower /ink-bottle. We discussed how the planned Mooncoin and Carrick bypass work could help our issues. We had the support of the council to get the consultants survey completed and a T.I.I. review which is expected next month.
7. John McGuinness arranged to meet the minster and T.I.I. which may happen in Dublin once studies are completed.
8. We agreed that on the weekend of April 22nd to hold a protest/slow drive and walk from Garnarea to Turkstown with the support of local farming and other groups to highlight our issues.
Drive safely and thanks again for your support
-Members of Piltown/Fiddown Bypass Action Group
Priests of the Parish - Contact Details:
· Rev. Paschal Moore PP.: 051 643112 & 087 2408078 email@example.com
· Rev. Richard Brennan: 085 1185866
· Rev. John Condon: (Retired) 051 643124
PILTOWN LADIES GAELIC FOOTBALL
Coaching sessions for all juveniles born 2008 to 1999 commences on Thursday 6th April at 7pm
Registration fees will be taken on the night. All girls are welcome from Piltown and the surrounding parishes. Come play the game and have fun. Enquires to 087-6832400 or 087-9230283
Kilkenny Carer's Support Group will meet on Tuesday April 4th, 3pm to 4.30pm at The Village Day Centre (behind the Village Inn Pub, Kilkenny). Information and support for past/present carers of people with Alzheimer's/Dementia. Everyone welcome. Drop in to group or for more information call 056 7771230.
PILTOWN NATIONAL SCHOOL would like to remind parents/guardians that the latest date for
enrolment of Junior Infant pupils for the 2017/18 school year is Friday, 7th April, 2017.
If you have not already done so, please contact the school on (051)643498 to confirm your child’s enrolment.
Camogie for all ages has returned on Mondays at 7pm. New players must be born in 2010 or before. We need more people to get involved, especially at U10 and U8. Please consider giving a couple of hours a week to help out. Contact 087 6692785 if you think you could. No experience necessary just a willingness to help and enable our players to have fun while learning the basics
of Camogie with no pressure to perform. All mentors will need to get Garda vetting
If you are concerned about the welfare and safety of children contact:
· Tusla – Child & Family Agency Kilkenny area 059 9136570
· Garda National Protective Services Bureau 01 6663430/ 01 6663435
· Diocesan Designated Liaison Person: Ms. Geraldine Butler 087 1000232
· Towards Healing Helpline – 1800 313316 www.towardshealing.ie