• Owning Retirement Homes
    Formerly Sue Ryder Homes
    For many years Sue Ryder provided care for the elderly in beautiful surrounds in Owning.
    Each person or couple have individual accommodation.
    Residents share a common dining room for meals.
    The parish of Templeorum now own this facility. April 2012 saw the St.John of God Nuns depart Sue Ryder for the last time.
    The Parish had a moving tribute to the Nuns who had ministered for over one hundred years.
  • Eucharistic Congress 2012 Choir Concert Choir Eucharistic Congress

  • Entrance Eucharistic Congress RDS 2012
    Thousands flocked to the Congress Congress June 2012


  • Waterford's new Bridge
    The new bridge is the most modern landmark to be seen from around Templeorum village and surrounds .
    It takes traffic from the city to Cork and Rosslare.
    Oficially opened by the then Minister for the Environment Mr. Martin Cullen.
    A product of public and private partnership. This is a Tolled road.
  • Temleorum and Corbally Hill
    Corbally Hill overlooks Templeorum and the Suir Valley.

    Communication Masts send signals from ESB, TV, Broadband, etc.
  • Fiddown Wooden Bridge
    Fiddown Bridge was constructed in 1853 by Waterford and Limerick Railway Company to provide access for people from County Waterford to Fiddown Station. The bridge was taken over by Great Southern and Western Railway in 1901. It was the last toll bridge in Ireland, until the modern toll roads were introduced.
  • Tybroughney Stones
    Tybroughney Stones in the Garaveyard in Tybroughney.
    Maintained by interested people of Tybroughney.
    Old graveyard cleared up in recent years.
    Adjacent to "Tybroughney Castle" which is open to the public once a year.
  • Forgiveness Stone Eucharistic Congress
    The Forgiveness Stone where people had an opportunity to beg forgiveness for the sins of the past and in particular for forgiveness where children were harmed.
  • Sunset over the Suir
    Sunset over the Suir from "Fiddown Bridge".
  • Fiddown Bridge
    Replacement bridge at Fiddown.
    No Toll on this bridge.
    Oficially opened by the then Minister for the Environment.
    Gateway to Waterford.

Welcome To Templeorum Parish Co. Kilkenny

Templeorum or Teampall Odhráin

It was built between 1810-1814. Though located in the part of the parish with the lowest population density, it is the official Parish Church of the Catholic parish of Templeorum, as was its thatched predecessor built in 1720, and from which the present parish derived its name. Previous to 1720 the geographical entity known as the parish of Templeorum was referred to as Fiddown or Owning and Templeorum. In church design Templeorum is a barn type structure as distinct from the more common cruciform type common to its period of construction. As a rural parish church it is regarded as finest in the diocese of Ossory and one of the finest in the country. Aspects of its interior are modelled on the Catholic Cathedral on Barronstrand Street, in Waterford city. Namely the fine plaster pillars lining each side of the nave and the Romanesque ornamentation of the pillars upholding the back gallery and choir, visible as you enter the church. The Lacy brothers worked as contractors on both churches, hence the resemblance, as they took their inspiration from the Cathedral in Waterford